Monday, April 13, 2009

Get Your Assets in Gear! By Jan Dahlin Geiger CFP, MBA

Money Management Tactics

"Get Your Assets in Gear" provides a formula for financial planning. Well known author, speaker, and Certified Financial Planner practitioner, Jan Dahlin Geiger has packed her book with guidelines, techniques, tactics, questionnaires, tables, and illustrations that help the reader with guidelines for financial freedom.

Attitude changes for, handling debt, budgeting, auto purchases, and
buying a home are all included. Important insights are given on the significance of financial harmony in the home. Rewards of tithing, saving, investing, and improving your credit score take on a new importance as the reader prioritizes their spending and saving on the way to getting their assets in gear.

I found Jan's action step suggestions and the format used in highlighting important reminders through the use of insets within the text. I wish I had read and applied these strategies earlier in my formative years. I am taking steps now to consistently apply these exercises, affirmations, and action steps in putting my financial future in order. I am studying my asset allocation, the diversity of my investments, and mutual funds, as well as the consistency and reliability of my financial advisor. I want to initiate a workable budget to assure that my purchasing is in line with maintaining my financial independence. The helpful resources at the end of the book provide an important internet listing for additional material for further study and future reading. Invaluable!

The smart money strategies found in "Get Your Assets in Gear!" are especially important to readers who find themselves swallowed up in credit card debt, those wanting to unlearn childhood misconceptions imitated from misguided parents, or for newly married couples seeking harmony in their financial planning. The book is an excellent resource, a guidebook for attaining financial independence and peace of mind.

As reviewed on Midwest Book Review

Richard R. Blake, Christian Education Consultant, Book Store Owner

No comments:

Post a Comment